Summer escapades



Most people try the detox route. They will flush out their negative toxins in their system by eating and drinking clean for a stipulated amount of time. To me, a holiday is the perfect escape from monotony. A way to recharge my batteries. Add a live concert of some of the leading music legends of all time, and the mix is a heady concoction that provides an adrenaline rush like no other.

Seven year old Daniel, puts down his thoughts on what has made this Canada holiday memorable. I think I should follow suit. There are about a million wonderful emotions that cross my mind. Reading Daniel's progress report from his short swim course is one of them. Gathering the family and seniors and singing at Jackie and Ajit's house is another. Simply spending time with my sister and her wonderful family probably tops the list.

I've enjoyed watching the young cousins get to know each other. The sound of their laughter, play and complaints fill our ears. It reminds me of my own childhood days, playing in the houses of my aunts and uncles. Your cousins are after all your first best friends and foes. Browsing through the photographs of this trip puts a smile on my face. It makes all the hassle of the visa work, worth it.

As we reluctantly pack our bags to head home, there is sadness that the holiday is coming to a close. There is also the looming dread over the mundane-ness that will meet us on the other side. Oh well, all good things must come to an end. One can hope that the next break will be just as memorable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seafood with a lot of soul

Meet the quirky director of Fanney Khan

Breaking News