Summer holiday

By the pool side...Image by Abigail Mathias 

For most people, a swimming pool may seem like just another place to unwind. To potter about when its not too hot.

For my family it provided hours and hour of great memories. Our recent stay-cation at Millenium Aiport Hotel in Dubai provided loads of sun, some amount of sun-block, family hugs and laughs.

We tend to take the most important things in life for granted. Fresh air and kind service is one of them. Like most people rushing on assignments, we too had a lot to do. It was just an overnight stay so we packed a few things (except the kitchen sink) and were soon on our way.
As my children bathed in the sunlight of a warm Dubai day I knew, our summer had just started with a splash.








We were treated to breakfast at Loumi restaurant. The staff was always on the move as we were there on a busy Friday morning, when the hotel is packed to capacity.
Won't forget watching my daughter pour us a cup of fresh orange juicer herself as she told us about her new 
found friends at the buffet counter.




Fun in the sun... - Image by Abigail Mathias

A big thank you to the lifeguards, the management and the service staff especially at Oasis restaurant who ensured we were safe and always having loads of fun. The hotel is located in Garhoud, Dubai. Very close to GGICO Metro Station on the Red Line. It is close to Terminal 1 and 3 of Dubai International Airport. Another reason why people of various nationalities are seen here. 

I remember a few names of the staff. Simple people we bumped in to like Kennedy, Sheryl, Flynn and Rahul, a ever smiling gentlemen who helped bring our bags in to the hotel. Most of them didn't know I was here on a review. They were just doing their jobs diligently. True there may be many more to be named. This is just my way of saying a big thank you for hosting us and setting our April, to the best possible start. 

In case any of Ab:original's readers would want to know, I paid for some part of my trip and boy was it worth it. I know my family and I have memories that will last a whole millenium. 



Breakfast at Loumi Restaurant - Image by Abigail Mathias

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seafood with a lot of soul

Meet the quirky director of Fanney Khan

Breaking News