Embrace yourself

Carrot cake, without the icing but tastes delicious.


Its been a crazy few weeks. Anywhere in the world. True the world is spinning on its axis. People are going about their business as if everything is fine but secretly everyone is trying to claim their own territory. Women, men, husbands, wives, single ladies, bachelors, teens, children.

All of us have one thing in common. Our drive to move forward. It is what motivates us every day. A chance to forget the past mistakes and look toward the future.

As a mother and sister I have to wake up and be there for my children. My own flesh and blood. For me, every day is a chance to make it right. A chance to uplift someone. To rise above the mundane challenges. To answer the tough questions. To just be...

As messages pour in from around the world. I hope all of us, no matter where we are, can stop and just take it all in. Do I believe all the hype and hysteria. No? Will I turn to my favourite film stars for the answers? Maybe not. For today, all I want to do is enjoy myself.
Celebrate good times, come on! 



I watched an old but poignant film called, "Won't back down," where a whole community is inspired to be the change they want to see.

Among the many videos I received was one inspired by Fashion designer Tory Burch’s personal experience as an entrepreneur. The campaign aims to address the double standard that exists around ambition, which is often seen as a great attribute in men and as a negative one in women. 


Of course today men and women have to stand together if humanity is to survive at all. I applaud the people behind the scenes of this video (and many others you've undoubtedly seen today) who are making their voices and talent heard to make the world a better place. Take this pledge if you feel like. If not, that too is fine. But don't settle for less.

Watch the #EmbraceAmbition PSA videos below:-:90 #EmbraceAmbition PSA



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seafood with a lot of soul

Meet the quirky director of Fanney Khan

Breaking News